To enhance your SIOP 2021 Virtual Congress experience and ability to connect with people virtually, we encourage you to share information about the Congress, and your participation in it, on social media – before and during the #SIOP2021 Congress.
The official hashtag for the SIOP 2021 Virtual Congress is #SIOP2021. Make sure to use the hashtag when tweeting to be part of the discussion.
How to share
Here are ways to share information about #SIOP2021 with your network:
- Live tweet from sessions, meetings, and the exhibition. Be sure to mention #SIOP2021 and use the hashtag #SIOP2021
- Retweet, like, share or repost live coverage coming from the #SIOP2021 / @SIOncologyPaediatrics / @worldSIOP / International Society of Paediatric Oncology accounts.
- Post your pictures and share them in stories or post them using our hashtags!
What to share
- Tell the world you’re attending! And invite your friends to join.
- Use the below images to post to your channels, or update your cover photo, and help spread the word.
(Click on an image, then right-click to save or copy image)
A social media newbie?
Do you want to join the discussion but are you not on social media yet? Wondering where to start or what to do?
Our detailed guide below will help you follow the trending discussions related to #SIOP2021 across all platforms.
What happens on SIOP’s social media channels before, during and after a Conference?
The SIOP social media channels:
- Provide all the general information + deadline announcements you need as soon as these become available.
- Provide all the SIOP association – AND Conference – related information, announcements, and deadlines, keeping you in the loop of the latest developments on a daily basis – we make sure you don’t miss a thing about SIOP!
- Bring to your attention the latest scientific developments/journals/articles within the industry worldwide.
- Guide you through the SIOP Conference stages – call for abstracts, guidelines, registration process and deadlines, etc.
- Are there for you always to answer any questions regarding SIOP!
- Create a worldwide online community by means of gathering everybody interested in SIOP related information!
- Gather people like YOU – we are thereby able to create and maintain this connection between yourself and your like-minded peers and colleagues from all around the world – Join us – we need you and your work to create a better world – especially DURING the SIOP Conference days – we create and maintain an all-day online conversation throughout all SIOP social media channels.
- Re-share all SIOP -related information that is being uploaded online and discussed – so by following SIOP on social media we make sure you never miss a thing AND you get to meet new people!
- Provide latest updates and end-of-day Conference video highlights, interviews with ambassadors and speakers PLUS interactions with speakers and other participants. A chance for broader discussions post-Conference.
For these and many other reasons, you NEED to be part of SIOP’s social media world!
Be sure to connect with us on:
The #SIOP2021 hashtag
Stay connected and make the most out of this virtual adventure!
Make sure that you include our hashtags to your posts – then make sure you follow these hashtags in the social media’s search bars, so you get the latest developments and updates from ourselves and your colleagues attending #SIOP2021 with you in real-time!
What is a hashtag, How to “hashtag” and why include them in your social media posts?
- A hashtag or this symbol “#” as it is more commonly known has become an integral part of social media.
- A hashtag is a label for content. It helps others who are interested in a certain topic, quickly find content on that same topic.
- Hashtags make it easier for you to discover posts around specific topics.
- They’re not just for Twitter anymore, either. Hashtags are effective on other social media platforms too. (Find more details on how to use hashtags for each platform below.)
How to use hashtags effectively:
- They always start with # but they won’t work if you use spaces, punctuation or symbols.
- Including hashtags in your posts means taking part in a conversation happening on that social media platform. And most importantly, it makes your posts visible in that conversation!
- For example, if you use #SIOP2021 on your Instagram posts, everybody who follows that hashtag will see your recent post in their feed. You might gain some new followers this way as well – and thereby, connect with SIOP-interested peers worldwide!
How to use and follow the #SIOP2021 hashtag:
#SIOP2021 – this is the official #SIOP2021 Conference hashtag. Use it for all your Conference-related tweets.
Some easy ways to share information about the Conference with your network:
- Live tweet from sessions, meetings and the exhibition. Be sure to mention @WorldSIOP (on Twitter) and use the hashtag #SIOP2021
- Share your highlights from sessions, using #SIOP2021 hashtag.
- You can also retweet and repost live coverage coming from the Conference on social media.
- Post photos and mention @WorldSIOP, and use the hashtag ##SIOP2021 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You can also like and share #SIOP2021 posts with your audience.
- Take a selfie and show us what is your online conference set up for the very first virtual SIOP Conference– use the #SIOP2021 hashtag in your selfie posts – this might just win you a prize!
- Watch and share #SIOP2021 YouTube videos.
Suggested ways to connect to other participants:
- All of the above steps!
- Follow us and stay active before, during and after the SIOP 2021 Conference on social media.
The following examples of text are ready to be used in your social media channels.
- Feel free to edit these and write your own posts/tweets.
- Don’t forget to share pictures of your attendance at the SIOP2021 Conference
- The marked text notes are indicators of where you must add your information.
Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / LinkedIn :
- Cannot wait for #SIOP2021, 21-24 October. Are you joining us? https://siop-congress.org/
- I am excited to be a part of #SIOP2021– Join us for the latest #PaediatricOncology developments. Advance your career, connect with like-minded people and contribute to a world where no child should die of cancer! https://siop-congress.org/
- Eager to attend the #SIOP2021 Educational CME Program! https://siop-congress.org/
- Looking forward to sharing my work with colleagues, peers and experts in the field at #SIOP2021 Conference! – Join me! –https://siop-congress.org/
- Thrilled to be a part of #SIOP2021, happening in just [NUMBER] days! #SIOP2021 is bound to be an interesting and exciting experience! Be sure to join us! – https://siop-congress.org/
- All set for #SIOP2021 ! How’s your #SIOP2021 prep going? Really looking forward to [insert one or two sessions]. https://siop-congress.org/
- I am at #SIOP2021 and have just listened to some interesting updates on [insert your scientific insights from SIOP sessions]! Have you joined us yet? – https://siop-congress.org/