WILL YOU BE OUR NEW AMBASSADOR?
JOIN THE #SIOP2021 CONVERSATION!
We have all learnt new ways to interact and network during the past year. The SIOP 2021 congress will be the place to hear the latest research findings in our field and to catalyse new ideas, generated by the multi-disciplinary attendance for which we are renowned.
The SIOP congresses provide a wonderful platform on which to present your own research and share knowledge and ideas. Together, we can accelerate efforts to improve cancer survival and quality of survival for children and young people all over the world.
But you don’t have to wait until the Conference in October, to be part of the discussion! Lead the #SIOP2021 conversation and be at the core of this vibrant caring community, helping us to create a world where no child should die of cancer! Become a social media ambassador for SIOP!
We are looking for engaged individuals who are interested in the SIOP topics, are active on social media and ready to spread the word before, during and after the Conference.
What does it mean to be a SIOP 2021 ambassador?
As a SIOP 2021 Social Media ambassador you will tweet/post before and during the Conference on SIOP lectures/topics/tracks you are personally interested in.
What are the benefits for our ambassadors?
Apart from being at the center of a unique international community in one of the most important areas of research, trials and treatment, SIOP Social Media ambassadors will receive recognition and extra exposure through the conference channels!
If you are among the Top Social Media influencers, you will also win attractive prizes:
Discounts on your SIOP 2022 registration and free membership according to your Ambassador ranking!
We need you to be buzzing like a bee online! 😊
- 1st place: free SIOP 2022 registration + a free SIOP annual membership on your next renewal
- 2nd and 3rd place: 75% discount on SIOP 2022 registration + a free SIOP annual membership on your next renewal
- 4th-10th place: a free SIOP annual membership on your next renewal
All 2021 Social Media Ambassadors are invited to a Meet & Greet Tapas Event during SIOP 2022 in Barcelona (should this happen onsite)
An official SIOP Certificate of Appreciation and Recognition will be provided for each and every SIOP Ambassador!
- In the months before the conference: The role does not require any more than a total of 2-3 hours a month of your time.
- Onsite: The role will not require more than an hour in total per conference day.
- Please note: Aa an ambassador, you will have our Social Media manager’s full support and can request assistance with any type of media content created (e.g. video editing/posting/short briefing meetings, etc.)
Further details on the Social Media Ambassador Role:
The SIOP Social Media Ambassador will:
- Actively use the congress hashtag in SIOP-related posts – promoting the use of #SIOP2021 before, during and after the Congress.
- At the beginning of each month leading up to the event, you will receive an e-mail with marketing materials to share, including relevant deadlines and social media tips from firstname.lastname@example.org – our social media manager.
- Post at least twice a month leading up to the Congress – either suggested content by our social media manager, or posts of your own. You can decide which part/programme feature/benefit of the Congress you’d like to post about.
- Be active during the event – some optional activities below:
- Live tweet from scientific sessions, tweet opinion posts, re-tweet important updates from the SIOP channel;
- Reach out to speakers of choice and conduct interviews with them after sessions (with the support of the onsite SIOP 2021 social media representative);
- Share a short video of yourself wrapping up 1 or 2 conference days
- Encourage your followers to share their experiences with #SIOP2021.